Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Spending Habits

Spending habits are only controlled by the individual who spends the money. This discussion was very interesting to me because of the points that came up as a part of the discussion in class. I think it is very funny how African Americans are the biggest consumers and the smallest savers. To me it is sad how we will spend so much money on things that depreciate in value. I can speak from personal experience on spending habits because of my family. My mother loves to buy little things that she considers to be little treasures. I can remember growing up that her spending habits were the basis of the many arguments between her and my father. But over he years I was able to see what my father was trying to tell me about money. He even told me about how money was a determining factor that almost made my parents divorce. I told myself that I did not want to end up in the same position as my parents had when it came to finances. That is why I try to spend the smallest amount of money possible without going over my budget. I think that it is best for me to try and save as much money as possible so that I do not go around broke! My father always taught me that money does not grow on trees, and to this day I can see the importance of understanding that statement.

No comments: