Monday, November 5, 2007

THE OPENING STATEMENT FROM MY COLLEGE CAREER FALL 2007

This blog was started by myself for a class that I took at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Florida. The class was Advanced Composition taught by Dr. Clarissa West-White. I have decided that this will be a blog that I will maintain long after the class has ended by the fall of 2007. I made this decision because the issues covered in the class are relevant to the world and its problems. Since my career outlook is in the realm of social science(African American Studies) and social work, I feel that this will help me to have a mindset to observe the global community on a local, national, and international level. The class started with readings from the main textbook entitled America Now: Short Readings from Recent Periodicals, 7th Ed. (2007) by Robert Atwan. Learning from this book was one of the the first real steps towards finding my future goals, and now I want to share this with the world and hope that some change will come from the opinions that I have. With that said, this blog officially begins now!

No comments: